About Me

My photo
My name is Douglas Collins. I was 4 lbs. at birth due to a blood virus. It affected all my blood organs. They did not expect me to live. If I did, I wouldn't be very tall, have the mental capacity of a two yr. old,& wouldn't live past the age of 11 or 12. I'm 43 yrs. old, graduated in 1988, & am about 5 feet 8 inches. Not short one bit! I was born deaf in my right ear, blind in my right eye. In my teens, I started losing my hearing in my left ear. It was nerve deafness, nothing they could do. At 17 at church camp, I felt led to go pray. God spoke to me & said, "You take your hearing aid out and you never wear it again." I did and God healed me! In Feb. 2002, I started losing my hearing in my left ear again. They believe this time that it is a blood clot pushing on a nerve. Please pray for me that God would restore my hearing.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

LOVING GOD'S WORD

Last week, I had mentioned a book titled, "Loving God's Word: Seven strategies for slaying Bible apathy" by Seth Kniep. I was going to take a chapter a week and write something, but I am not sure how to do it without violating copyright laws, so....I'll just recommend the book to you. It's very good. It is, basically, a commentary on Psalms 119. I advise you to buy it and check it out.

God Bless,

Douglas Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment